RMV Publications Ltd. is a successful publisher of titles for travellers and locals alike in the Canadian Rockies and Calgary. Our WHERE Canadian Rockies and Calgary magazines, folding maps, notepad maps, and dining guides are widely circulated. RMV Creative is our growing creative business offering contract publishing and printing, digital media, and full creative agency products. In addition to our print and creative services, we operate IMPACT! Brochure Systems as a separately managed subsidiary that distributes print media from Fernie to Edmonton and Calgary to Golden.
Since its founding in 1979, RMV has provided essential information for travellers visiting or planning to visit the Alberta communities of Calgary, Banff, Canmore, Jasper, Kananaskis, Lake Louise, and surrounding areas. As a secondary market, we also serve the BC towns of Golden, Radium, Invermere, Kimberley, Cranbrook and recently through Calgary and Central Alberta.
RMV Publications Ltd. currently seeks a Senior Salesperson to help lead the continuing evolution of its WHERE Canadian Rockies magazine, Banff and Canmore Dining Guides, Banff and Canmore Maps, Mountain Real Estate magazine, and related online assets. This person will also enhance the RMV Creative business and Impact! Brochure Systems distribution business. You’ll take a senior role as part of our small and dynamic team to help us foster a collaborative culture and enhance the reputation and worth of our products.
You are a sales professional who will inspire and motivate business owners and marketing professionals to advertise and otherwise support our publications. You’ll take a strategic approach to developing new clients, new products, and new opportunities across a variety of media platforms. Success will include delivering value to our readers, advertisers, tourism industry partners, and owners.
• Drive advertising sales in print and online
• Drive creative division sales for contract printing and websites
• Liaise with RMV’s management, sales, art, circulation, and accounting staff as a team member
• Develop innovative and results driven marketing strategies
• Find new distribution clients and locations
• Demonstrated success in a senior sales position, ideally in advertising sales and print media, with 5- 10 years of experience
• Strong strategic planning ability with a focus on driving revenue growth and profitability
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives in line with a business plan
• Well-developed communication, interpersonal, analytical, and financial reporting skills
• Excellent sales skills: professional, energetic, and success oriented
• Knowledge of the Banff and Canmore travel market, ideally with a network of peers in its tourism and hospitality industry
As a Senior Salesperson you will be measured by your results, and you will be compensated accordingly. Your income will be directly tied to your ability to bring in new clients and grow the business with existing clients. There we be no cap to what you can earn. A custom compensation program will be designed based on your background and skills. It will be heavily commission oriented, could include a base salary, will include the company benefit programs. This compensation package can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
RMV Publications is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We will acknowledge and thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be personally contacted.